Tackling The Tackle Box

My jewelry seems to be outgrowing the cases they are currently in so as opposed to a typical black and rather expensive case - I opted for a tackle box.  After much research, Santa ended up gifting me one!  :)  I forgot to take a photo of the original (I found a blurry image online), but I managed to do a step by step of its modernization.  I couldn't imagine my jewelry in such a boring box, so I had to jazz it up.  I bought decals from Etsy and used left over fabric to line the inside to protect the metal.  Now every time I open it, I feel much happier looking at them!

  Original box

Original box

  Decals bought from  www.etsy.com  

Decals bought from www.etsy.com  

  Tedious yes, but with patience the decals added some feminine flare!

Tedious yes, but with patience the decals added some feminine flare!

  Leftover fabric I had to line the inside of the tackle box.

Leftover fabric I had to line the inside of the tackle box.

  I used paper templates to figure out the size.  Then I cut the fabric around them.

I used paper templates to figure out the size.  Then I cut the fabric around them.

  Brushing on good ol' Elmers glue helped adhere the fabric to the bottom.

Brushing on good ol' Elmers glue helped adhere the fabric to the bottom.

  and voila!

and voila!